Thursday, September 1, 2011

Substitute Teacher

   What's one of the worst parts of homeschooling??  You can't call in sick!  There are no substitutes to come fill in for you!  Well at least I thought there weren't. Over the past week while looking into Konos I was able to rent their videos called Creating the Balance.  It was very helpful and full of great tips regardless of what curriculum you use but one of my favorites was making a "substitute teacher box".  Fill a box with your great stories or history on CD or DVD.  Throw in some fun workbooks and independent work you'd like them to do that DOES NOT REQUIRE MOM IN ANY WAY!  Pull this out when you are sick or the baby is sick and needs Mama allllll day long.

  I plan on putting my box together this week and I'm so excited for the day I can "call in sick" and not feel guilty for what's not being done!  Isn't that a great idea!!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Awesome! Thanks! And by the way, I have all three Konos books too. : ) In case you ever need to borrow, but I'm not sure I could part with them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...