Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Life Happens

   I swear for the last month my head is just spinning.  I have great plans but we are soooo busy.  We've been having a ton of fun camping and vacationing with friends, learning new things with school and hanging out with friends.  Carter is loving football and that's keeping us busy and then we added a new family member (more on that tomorrow)!  What I'm learning is life never slows down and there's so much to learn outside of books!  We are learning to support each other, love others, be thankful for unexpected opportunities and breathe deeply of the moment.... breathe deeply that's what I keep telling myself.  Sometimes I forget to breathe.  Sometimes I'm so worried about what's next or what I'm not getting done that I miss what's right in front of me.  Sometimes I worry about how to do something better, teaching something more, improving on what we're doing and again I realize I am missing the joy of the moment.  I'm learning... life happens.  Really we are not in control here friends.  I swear the Lord is just reinforcing that daily for me!  So everyday I'm trying to remember why I'm here, who I'm living for and the ultimate purpose of my goals.  My purpose? To please my Lord Jesus Christ, to raise children who know Him as Savior and friend and who have an idea on how to handle the challenges of life with Him and not alone.  Life happens but HE is in control and today I'm gonna breathe in life deeply.  Care to join me?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...