Monday, May 16, 2011

Write What You Did!

   I was sharing with a girlfriend of mine my new favorite "lesson planner" for homeschooling is a simple spiral notebook!!  In it I don't write what I am planning on doing but what we did.  I have a pretty good idea of the direction we are heading in lessons so I don't feel I need a lesson book telling me to do the next chapter in our book.  However, I do love the idea of having a record of what we did.  Also it will amaze you when you look back on your day! I often feel like I've accomplished nothing with my day but now I can look at this page in my book and see everything I did and it's a lot!!  I simply write the date and the first initial of each child and whatever I've done with them individually that day.  I will keep track of group activities after we finish our Sonlight Core this summer all the same and I even have pages in the back to write activities we've done and a book list for my 13yo.  Because I can make it what I need instead of fitting us into somebody else's mold I am loving it!!

   If you're a stay-at-home mom, even if you're not schooling, try writing not a to-do list but a what-I-did list!!  You'll be amazed at all you accomplish in a day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...