Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Boys Rock!!

   My two oldest boys are typical guys and now have a new obsession with... bacon!  Yes, don't all guys like bacon??  Kind of like that commercial for dog treats, "Bacon... bacon..bacon.bacon BACON!  Weirdos!  Anyways, they feel very grown up and cool standing in the kitchen cooking bacon and coming up with new things to put it on, so cute.  As they were cooking the other day they came up with a great idea, bacon burgers!  To them this was new!  I guess we've never made or ordered a bacon cheeseburger for them!  They asked if they could make them and like the wise mama I am I told them to wait till Daddy was home in a few days.  You see I knew Daddy would want a bacon burger.  I also knew it would be a great time to load on the praise of a job well done AND I wouldn't have to cook!  Woo hoo!

  So off they went the other day making us all bacon cheese turkey burgers.  Caleb grilled the turkey burgers outside while Carter fried up the bacon.  They then assembled them all themselves with loads of toppings including some yummy ranch dressing for those who would like it.  They were so cute talking to each other and working out who did what.  I came in and asked what we were having with it and they both looked at each other and shrugged.  Then they decided chips would be good and so in a complete role reversal Carter gave Paul money and sent HIM to the corner store for chips!!!  It was hilarious!  They sat down grinning and gave each other a high five for a job well done. We all gave them a vote of 9 1/2-10 for a great meal and a definite "do again"!





Working as a team!  They had a great system.



The finished product.  Yum!!

A delicious dinner I didn't have to cook... let me just say, my boys rock!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...