Monday, July 18, 2011

Family Bible Reading

  I am so excited to share this with you.  It may be helpful, maybe not but I am positively giddy tonight!  I was trying to find a Bible reading plan for our family but I was really struggling.  Some seemed too much or too little for my older boys to do and then what do we do as a family??  I'm not big on just opening the Bible.  Sometimes maybe but not all the time.  So tonight I was searching around and somehow (God is so good... even on the Internet!) I stumbled upon this reading plan!!

Here's what it says,
The following Bible reading schedule was compiled by Robert Murray McCheyne in 1842. Using this Bible reading schedule you will read four portions of Scripture each day (two in the morning with "family" or individually and two in the evening in "secret" or privately), and read through the Old Testament once and the New Testament and Psalms twice in a year.


  Exactly what I was looking for!!  Now we have something to read together at our morning Table Time and something to read on our own either during school time, Mom's quiet time or if all else fails, before bed!  I like that we are on the same schedule and it's not overwhelming.  If I gave them all of it to do on their own or we tried to read it all as a family it would be too much.  We're trying to establish a habit of getting into the Word individually and as a family, not crushing them but encouraging them.


  Anyways!  Don't know if it would help you or not but I am super excited!!  We'll start tomorrow morning and see how it goes!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...