Friday, July 15, 2011

Encouraging Husbands

  My poor hubby has really been having some rough days at work.  It's totally stressing him out.  I feel so bad for him because there's not much he can do to change it.  I really felt a strong desire to encourage him and lighten his day but was at a loss.  Enter Hannah and Elijah! They decorated our basement and I made up some deeelicious vanilla scones and iced coffee (lemonade for the kiddos).  When Paul called about an hour or two before coming home I warned him he had a party waiting for him.  I figured if he was in a really bad mood he might need to know what he was coming home to!  It immediately lightened his tone and when he walked downstairs he had a huge grin on his face.  We enjoyed our treat and he relaxed and said he just loved coming home to that.  He even shared with buddies at work the next day how awesome his family was :0)



It was such an easy thing to do and the kids felt like they had a part in helping daddy.  I'm realizing that when I share with the kids that Daddy has had a rough day they are very purposeful when he comes home to be gentle and encouraging.  What an awesome way to thank my man for providing for our family!

  What can you do to help relieve some stress at the end of a long day for your husband?  Sometimes the simplest things make a big impact and at the same time show our children how to be the hands and feet of Christ to the ones we love most.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...