Monday, August 15, 2011

Funny Lines of the Day

   Maybe you won't find this funny... maybe I am just really tired!  Today while doing US History I decided to pull out our Brain Quest America cards.  They just have random questions about the US... I mean totally random from presidents to Magic School Bus!  Anyways, one of the questions was what D.C stands for in Washington D.C.  My darling 13yo son gets the biggest smirk on his face and says, "Da Capitol?".  LOL!  It was so funny.  I don't know, maybe you had to be there!

  Then awhile later 5yo Hannah and I were in the car driving when she heard a commercial.  The commercial was actually for people going through a divorce and it encouraged them to call to talk with someone and reconnect with God.  It ended with them saying something along the lines of, "If you need the Lord and would like someone to talk with call 1-888-xxx-xHIM."  I don't know exactly what it was but all of a sudden I hear from the backseat this little voice gasp and say, "MOM!!!  We can call God!!!  Just call 888-HIM!!!"  I almost drove off the road laughing.  I explained it was to talk to a person and we can talk to God whenever we want simply by praying... NOT as cool as a phone number for God apparently because she says, "Yeah, but they have his number!!"  Too cute.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...