Thursday, March 24, 2011

Just Living Our Life

   The last month or two of doing our "night owl" life has been interesting.  We've learned we do need to set a limit on how long you stay up and sleep in or it can really get out of hand!  But we also learned we do quite well NOT having an exact routine to our day.  We are learning to simply live together and homeschooling is just part of our life.  It's not an extra, it's not a frustration.  It's just part of what we do.

   I'm enjoying this new stage of life.  Learning that homeschooling has become part of who we are as a family instead of this hurdle to jump everyday has helped us all relax.  In fact if I start to think of listing times and plans for our day I get a little anxious!  I've waited 7 years to figure out what "works" for our family and I'm not surprised to see it's very different from everyone we know.  I hated as a new homeschooler asking a "veteran" mom how she did what she did and getting the response, "well, you just have to find what works for your family."  Oh how I hated that!  And oh how I'm starting to understand.  Every family has a different temperament, husband's work schedule, parenting style, sleep routine etc.  It's impossible to say "this is the RIGHT way" or the "only" way.  The Creator of the world is just that... creative!  Thank goodness, what a boring life if we were all the same.  What I can't believe is it took me this long to realize it.

What kinds of pressures are you putting on yourself to live up to somebody else's life/routine?? 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...