Do you know how many wonderful things you can do with baking soda and white vinegar??
- White vinegar and water in a spray bottle makes a great all purpose cleaner. Add a drop or two of soap (I use 7th Generation Dish Soap), a few drops of tea tree oil and a few drops of orange oil and it smells and cleans wonderfully!
- Baking soda on a damp rag works just as well as those lovely Mr. Clean Magic Erasers to take crayon off your walls
- Sprinkle baking soda in your toilet and scrub it around, pour in a little vinegar and swish and flush
- Sprinkle baking soda into your tub and then soak a sponge with water and a drop of soap and scrub away. Add in some vinegar if it still needs some help.
- Pour a 1/2-1 cup of baking soda in your kitchen drain and then pour in vinegar and let it fuzz. Afterward let it sit all night and then rinse with hot water and your drains will smell nice and clean.
- My latest find is as shampoo! Yup shampoo! You can look this up all over online but what works for me is to let the water in my sink run until hot while putting 1-2 tablespoons of Baking Soda in a plastic cup. Then I pour in the water and give it a quick stir. The Baking Soda will fizz a bit and then dissolve. Then I set it on the edge of the tub and hop in to shower. Simply dump it on your hair and scrub it up. I let mine sit in my hair while I wash my face then rinse. Afterwards I squirt my hair with a mixture of half apple cider vinegar and water as a conditioner. That's it! Can't remember the last time I used shampoo. It took my hair a week or so to adjust but now I don't think twice about it. I do the same for my girls and we still have shiny soft hair with no chemicals and next to nothing in price!
You can get a LARGE bag of baking soda and a big jug of white vinegar at Costco for less than $10 total and it can last you for cleaning and shampoo for months! Seriously... give it a try!