Monday, April 11, 2011

Sorting Clothes

   I decided it was as good as time as any to sort through clothes for our twice a year switch.  It was nice and warm today and I figured we should just get it over with .  My totes were very unorganized and it took me ALL day!  9am-5pm with a short lunch break.  I was finding what summer things fit, what winter things were officially too small and trying to organize to make things easier in the future.  This is what I started with...




Then of course it always looks worse before it gets better.


Why yes there is a little girl in the midst of that mess!  It got a lot worse than this for awhile but at that point I lost my phone so I couldn't take a picture!


Once I found all of a certain size and season I bagged them and labeled the bag like this...



Then I recorded on an index card what was in each big tote.  The only catch is since it's hand me downs things don't always fit to size.  That's why it takes so long, you have to try everything on.  We also went through closets and drawers so it was a LOOOONNNNG process.  I have 2 bags for my baby niece, 1 bag for my soon to be born baby nephew, 3 bags for my 4yo nephew and at least 4 bags for Goodwill.  That doesn't include the stuff I literally threw away because it was so bad!!  It feels good to be done and let stuff go that we don't need anymore.  It's a little sad not packing baby stuff away for the next one... a new season indeed. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...