Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wednesday's Health Tip

    I'm assuming like me, many of you have goals for a healthier new year.  On Wednesdays I will try to post a quick healthy tip, a recipe I use or something I've heard of that sounds interesting to try.

   Today I'll share with you my new favorite breakfast!  I'm not a big breakfast eater and I really struggle to get something in me before lunch- but I know I "should" and it's good for me.  So I stumbled upon this idea while "surfing" one night and it is so simple an soooo yummy.  Simply cut up an apple into bite size pieces, add a tablespoon of walnuts broken into pieces and a tablespoon or so of raisins that you soak for a minute or so in hot water (don't add the water to your apple).  That's it.  It's got fiber, fat and a bit of sweet with the raisins and it really satisfies me. I'm not a big raisin fan but soaking them makes them not so chewy and I actually enjoy them. It's only about 150 calories for those of you counting and even the kids love it.  This will be on my breakfast list for a long time.  Especially on hot summer mornings or a simple thing to pack for camping.

Give it a try!  Tomorrow I'll get back on track sharing our chores.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...