Friday, October 7, 2011

Konos Update

   So we started Konos a few weeks back and I thought it was going to be great... strange issue has come up.  They are having so much fun I'm not sure how much they are retaining!  They get so squirrely and dork around so much I'm not sure what we're getting out of it.  They can answer the questions at the time but later, not so much.  I thought it was just us until I had a girlfriend say they had the same issue when they did Konos.  So here's the question, can you have too much fun while learning that you...don't learn??  Hmmmm, I'm not sure! I would have said, "No way!" when we started but now I'm not sure!  I have kids who remember drinking soda with a straw out of the bottle but forget it was learning about how humming birds can lap up nectar. They remember the hard work they've done but aren't remembering why!  Maybe it's my bad teaching or maybe it's just them....or both! We're going to finish where we are this week and I'm not sure what then!  Again I say, this is why we did Sonlight last year!  It just fit. I can't say I always loved it but it was always there waiting for me all planned out and ready. If it weren't so darn expensive, although I've now heard several people getting great deals on Ebay.  Considering what you get it's really not bad but that doesn't change things when you only have so much $ to spend!

   Anyways! Now while we figure out what we're going to do with Konos, I really  want to spend some time teaching to my littles.  I'm going to pull out our favorite Five in a Row!  We LOVE that curriculum!!  I did it with Carter and Caleb so now it's E and Hannah's turn!  I'll have to do a post on why we love Five in a Row!  I think somewhere I even have a Beyond Five in a Row for older kids but we never did it...actually forgot about it till I started writing! Hmm, I'll have to check that out too. Next week I'll share some about FIAR.  You'll be especially interested if you have kids 2-8 and are just starting to homeschool, thinking about homeschooling or just want to do something special at home with your littles before they are school age or even over the summer.

  Well, this is an odd post and is basically me thinking out loud!  Sorry!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...